4 Tips For a Safe, Fun, Day at The Beach
Before you head out to the beach, think of safety first. It’s hard to focus on safety before a day of sunshine and fun. You’ve waited on the perfect day, scheduled the time off, packed up your family, and ready to head to the beach.
Ready, Set, GO!
But are you ready? Maybe you are and maybe you aren’t.
Here’s my short list of staying safe at the beach.
- Let your extended family and friends know where you’re going and when you’ll return. If the unimaginable happens, they’ll be looking for you.
- Dress appropriately! Sure, you’ll look great in your bikini or speedo, but don’t forget what you need to protect from the sun such as a cover-up or a beach umbrella.
- Sunscreen—don’t leave home without it! Look for a brand that covers both type of UV rays. They make them in waterproof formulas. Reapply them every 2 hours.
- Don’t Swim in the Food Chain! Check out the location! This summer there’s been an increase in shark sightings and attacks. Ask the local authorities about sightings and the local warning system. The waters are very warm this summer and shark sightings are multiplying.
- Besides sharks, be on the lookout for jellyfish. Their sting is painful and may cause anaphylactic shock. If you’re allergic, make sure you bring your Epipen.
Stay safe, have fun, and don’t become a dinner delight for the sharks.
Would you like more fun on sunny and rainy days as well? Plan those future recreation days with a little extra income.
Earn it at home (or on the beach with your laptop) and enjoy the experience. Interested? Click here!
Before you go, please leave a review. Love it or hate it, all reviews are much appreciated.